Punched strip and insert moulding technology in one!
Conveyor belt insert moulding of punched parts
- IfK automates punched strip insert moulding for complex metal and plastic composite parts.
- Punched strip insert moulding systems combine complex processes of punched strip forming and plastic insert moulding all the way to quality checks, labelling and packaging.
- Everything fully automatically despite the process units having cycles of different lengths.
A highly automated punched strip insert moulding system for metal and plastic composite parts
- No rigidly connected process units -> Greater stability of the production process
- Process unit cycles can be of different lengths
- Capacity of several million units a year
- Very high levels of precision
- Product quality monitored by special quality checks
- Automatic deselection of bad parts
- Outstanding cost/benefits efficiency
- Flexible modular structure makes multiple add-on stages possible (e.g. checks on finished parts, labelling, packaging etc.)
Examples of processes that can be linked
- Unwinding punched strips
- Bending plug contacts, with optical checking
- Insert moulding on the strip with checking of the process quality and marking of bad parts
- Separating out insert moulded contacts from the strip (separating station)
- Electrical testing
- Optical checking of finished parts
- Assembling components